Need some easy chicken recipes?
Mandarin Orange Chicken and Wild Rice is as easy as it is delicious — only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time and this great main dish will be dinner tonight.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 boxes ( 6 oz each) Long Grain and Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 ounces Mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 2½ cups water
- Spray dutch oven or baking pan with a lid with non stick cooking spray.
- Place rice from both packages in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle rice with 1 of the seasoning packets from the rice mix.
- Place chicken tenders over the rice.
- Sprinkle the drained mushrooms over the chicken. Pour the mandarin oranges with juice over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle top with the other seasoning packet.
- Add 2½ cups water.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Place rice in bottom of sprayed baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 of the seasoning packets.
Place chicken over rice.
Add drained mushrooms, the mandarin oranges with juice and additional seasoning packet.
Pour 2 1/2 cups water over all. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Enjoy! I paired this dish with Manfried Riesling from Velvet Palate. It was really wonderful! This dry Riesling was the perfect pairing for this dish.
Remember, let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends!