Omelet In a Mug
Think you don’t have time for breakfast? Well, think again! My Omelet In a Mug takes a total of 2 minutes and the combination of 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites will get your morning off to a healthy start. The Ezekiel Bread toast and orange wedge round out this morning meal.
There are many reasons why eating breakfast tops most “Best Nutrition Tips” lists and why they say “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. The benefits include:
- Weight control ( Eating breakfast helps you to avoid snacking and overeating at other meals.)
- Clearer thinking ( After 8 to 12 hours without food, the brain needs “energy” to function.)
- Improved mood
- Improved concentration at school or work
In addition to all of these great health benefits, eating breakfast as a family is the perfect time to share and talk with your kids!
Here is my 2 minute Omelet In a Mug:
- 1 whole large egg and 2 egg whites
- A splash of milk ( about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped vegetables ( whatever you have on hand -- I used chopped green onion and chopped grape tomatoes)
- Bacon bits ( optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray.
- Break one whole egg and 2 egg whites into the mug.
- Add the milk, vegetables and bacon bits. Stir well with a fork.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds.
- Microwave another 45 seconds and serve.
Spray large mug with cooking spray. Break one whole large egg and 2 egg whites into the mug. Add vegetables , bacon bits and splash of milk.
Stir with a fork and microwave on high 45 seconds. Stir again and microwave an additional 45 seconds.
I served this quick and easy microwaved omelet with a big piece of fresh orange and some toasted Ezekiel 4:9 Bread. What a great way to start the day!
Video: Omelet In a Mug
Think you don’t have time for breakfast? Well think again! This Omelet In a Mug cooks in less than 2 minutes for a hot and healthy breakfast