Stuffed and Studded Pork Loin is easy enough to make for a family dinner but impressive enough for entertaining. I usually make a 2 pound stuffed pork loin but the photos are of a 4 pound stuffed pork loin so the recipe is easy to adjust for the number of servings you need. Also, be sure to get a pork loin roast — not a pork tenderloin.
If you are wondering about a wine to pair with this , Velvet Palate suggests a Tempranillo. The 94 point sophisticated red wine is available at: Velvet Palate
- 2 lb Pork Loin
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Slice the pork loin down the middle but do not cut through the other side. Lay open.
- Brush the inside of the pork loin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fresh baby spinach leaves down the inside of the loin. Sprinkle with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and a little more salt and pepper.
- Chop 2 of the cloves of garlic and sprinkle on top of the stuffing.
- Fold the top over the stuffing and using twine, tie the loin together.
- Place in a Pyrex dish ( if roasting a 2 lb loin) OR on a roasting pan ( if roasting a 4 lb loin). Brush with additional olive oil and lightly sprinkle the outside of the loin with additional salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining 4 cloves of garlic into halves. With a sharp knife, make small "pockets" or slits alternately down the outside of the pork loin. Insert the garlic clove halves into the slits.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes per pound. ( I like to bring the pork loin to 160 degrees and check with an instant read thermometer).
- Remove from oven and "tent" with foil for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Here’s how to slice the pork loin open…
Now just brush with some good olive oil and layer the stuffing ingredients on one side of the loin…
Now fold over the top of the loin and tie it with twine…
Slice the rest of the garlic cloves in half. Make “pockets” or slits alternately down the outside of the pork loin . Insert the garlic clove halves into the slits.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes per pound. Remove from the oven and “tent” with foil for 10 minutes or so before slicing.