Fall is for football games, pumpkins and mums at the front door and a big pot of Chili simmering on the stove. I was in a Chili Cook Off years ago with several girlfriends and I discovered that there are about as many recipes for Chili as there are people who love it! We called our team “The Red Hot Chili Peppers”. Our recipe had about 25 ingredients and cooked all afternoon. We won the Chili Cook Off but I’m sure none of us ever made that Chili recipe again because it had too many ingredients and cooked too long for all of our busy schedules. That’s why I call my recipe “Almost Famous”. I never won a Chili Cook Off with this recipe – but it scored big with everyone who has ever tasted it.
This recipe only has to simmer 15 minutes – so it can easily be cooked after a long day at work. So, grab your Chili pot and get ready to round up some great chili for your gang!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces chili beans ( I use medium, but feel free to use mild or hot)
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons instant dried onion flakes
- 2 packages chili seasoning packets ( that are supposed to each season 1 pound of beef)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Condiments to sprinkle on top of each bowl of chili: chopped onions, Fritos corn chips, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to blend well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve piping hot with the condiments sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
Brown the ground beef and drain well.
Add the remaining chili ingredients and stir to blend well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle up a big bowl of this yummy chili and serve it topped with chopped onions, Fritos corn chips, a big dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.
Remember, let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!