Mushroom Bacon Toasties
Mushroom Bacon Toasties are a delicious appetizer made with mushrooms, bacon, a herb cream cheese mixture on cocktail rye toast and topped with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy these with a great bottle of wine at your next party!!! The Velvet Palate has paired this appetizer with the 2004 Legon Reserva. You can click here for their wine tasting notes and information on this wine.
These are definitely worth the effort! They can be made ahead and flash frozen to use later – or bake now and enjoy!
Click the link to view the YouTube How-to Tutorial for this recipe: Mushroom Bacon Toasties
Mushroom Bacon Toasties
- 20 cocktail size rye bread slices
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Herb de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of the cocktail size rye bread with the 4 tablespoons of meted butter. Bake ate 350 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Blend the cream cheese, Herbs de Provence, garlic salt and chopped fresh parsley together and spread evenly on the cooled toasties.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms, bacon and onions and saute until mushrooms release liquid and the bacon is cooked. Add the steak sauce. Divide mixture among the toasties.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- At this point you can flash freeze to bake later or bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly.
20 cocktail rye bread slices
4 tablespoons melted butter
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons butter
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
3 slices bacon, diced
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoon Heinz 57 sauce
4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Brush both sides of the miniature rye bread with melted butter. Bake 5 to 6 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool.
Blend the softened cream cheese, Herbs de Provence, garlic salt and chopped fresh parsley together and spread evenly on the toasties.
Spread evenly on the cooled rye toasties.
Melt butter in skillet. Add mushrooms, bacon ( I use kitchen scissors to easily dice the bacon ), and onions and saute until the mushrooms release their liquid and the bacon is cooked.
Add the steak sauce.
Divide mixture among the toasties.
Sprinkle with the Shredded Parmesan cheese.
At this point you can flash freeze to bake later or bake now at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Remember, “Let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends. Enjoy!”
This recipe was featured by Velvet Palate (New York) in their wine and food pairing newsletter October 19, 2012. Velvet Palate paired this appetizer with Legion Reserva. To visit their website, click here: https://velvetpalate.com/customer/account/login/
Velvet Palate Food and Wine Pairing Newsletter 10/19/2012: