Fall is in the air and it’s time to get a big pot of Quick Chicken Corn Chowder simmering on the stove!
Chowder is typically a thick, rich soup that is made with cream. This Quick Chicken Corn Chowder is chocked full of vegetables and meat to make a delicious and warming meal on a chilly Fall or Winter evening. You can have this on the table in less than 30 minutes—-that’s less time than it takes to get a carry-out pizza!
To view the complete video recipe, click here: http://youtu.be/OKAjAlvFRPE
To print the recipe with all of the how-to photos, click here: Quick Chicken Corn Chowder
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped or 2 tablespoons canned chopped jalapeno peppers ( not pickled)
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 can cream style corn
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 /8 teaspoon salt
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and jalapeno; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in milk and blend well. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Serve up a big steaming bowl of Quick Chicken Corn Chowder topped with crumbled pieces of my Microwaved Bacon ( See Success Secret under a separate post).
Remember — Let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped OR 2 tablespoons canned chopped jalapeno peppers ( not pickled )
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk or a combination of milk and half and half
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and jalapeno; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.