Rice Krispie Treats have been enjoyed by kids and adults alike for as long as I can remember.
With Easter just around the corner, here is a great idea for Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats. This was submitted to Make Life Special by one of our readers. Thanks for the great idea!
The recipe for Rice Krispy Treats is quick to make and only has three main ingredients: butter,marshmallows and Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. You can print out the basic recipe here: Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Here are some Success Secrets for making these adorable Easter Egg Treats:
- Use plastic snap-apart Easter eggs
- Coat the inside of the plastic eggs with cooking spray.
- Make the Rice Krispie Treats recipe. I like to make this in the microwave. The microwave makes this so quick and easy! Just heat the butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add the cereal to the hot mixture and stir until well coated. EASY EASY!
- Be sure to grease your hands before you start filling the eggs with the mixture. This is very important!
- Firmly press the mixture into each plastic egg half. Use your fingers to make a hollow center in each half. Then remove from the molds and place on wax paper to cool slightly.
- Place candy surprises into one half and gently press the two halves of the eggs together until they stick.
- You can decorate the outside of the eggs with frosting, if desired. Get creative and use bright colored icing! You can make ziz-zags around the eggs….lines in several colors…..polka dots….whatever you like!
- Place these in a bright Easter basket and prepare to get lots of compliments
Remember…Let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!!