With a sweet and spicy sauce, this BBQ rib recipe is a hit!
You’ll need just 10 minutes to get this BBQ rib recipe into the crock pot for slow all-day cooking. The end result is sweet and spicy “Jamaican-Style” ribs that fall off of the bone. Tender….Juicy…What could be better? This is a great recipe for any time of year. Serve it in the summer with potato salad on the patio or in the fall and winter with hearty baked beans and a baked potato bar.
- 2 racks of pork ribs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 2 bottles Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce ( 18 oz. each)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces. ( I use kitchen scissors)
- Drizzle with oil and rub with the jerk seasoning.
- Place ribs in 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
Use kitchen scissors to cut the ribs into serving size pieces.
Drizzle with olive oil and rub with the jerk seasoning.
Place in a 5 or 6 quart crock pot. Combine the remaining ingredients for the sauce. I like to use Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce for this recipe. It gives just the right amount of sweetness combined with the spicy Jerk Seasoning. McCormick makes a great Caribbean Jerk Seasoning.
Pour the sauce over the ribs.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
If you like Pulled Pork, be sure to try my Prize-Winning Pulled Pork Recipe!
Remember, let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!