Quick and Easy Appetizer Recipe Featuring Dove Chocolate Discoveries!
Chocolate Chipotle BBQ Chicken Balls are a delicious appetizer recipe that features Dove Chocolate Chipotle BBQ Sauce and Dove Sweet and Spicy Cocoa Rub.
I recently did a cooking demonstration for a group of Dove Chocolatiers and several of the Chocolatiers agreed to contribute their special recipes featuring Dove Chocolate…some are sweet, some are savory.
This recipe was contributed to Make Life Special by Pam Reimann with Dove Chocolate Discoveries.
The Dove Chocolate Chipotle BBQ Sauce and Dove Sweet and Spicy Cocoa Rub can be ordered from Dove Chocolate Discoveries. You can find a Dove Chocolate Discoveries Consultant here: Dove Chocolate Discoveries.
Pam Reimann, DCD Chocolatier pictured with Vickie at recent cooking demonstration.
Here is Pam’s recipe:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1 bottle Dove Chocolate Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 T Dove Sweet and Spicy Cocoa Rub
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chicken, cheese, egg, cumin, garlic salt, mushrooms, and bread crumbs in mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the Dove Chipotle BBQ Sauce and mix thoroughly with hands until well blended. Roll mixture into 16 golf ball size balls and place on cookie sheet. Dust each ball with the Cocoa Rub.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Heat remaining BBQ sauce and pour over the Chicken Balls.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 16 meatballs.
These are DELISH!!!
Be sure to check out some other Make Life Special Appetizer Recipes!
Appetizers are a great way to start any gathering! I like to begin every dinner party in my kitchen with casual drinks and appetizers. This really seems to put people at ease as they watch me cook and the conversation and laughter becomes so enjoyable. Entertaining is truly a gift from the heart and learning how to entertain successfully will make your parties and gatherings a pleasure for both you and your guests.