Fiesta Crockpot Chicken Recipe Is Delish!
Looking for an easy Crockpot Chicken Recipe?
You HAVE to Make This Fiesta Crockpot Chicken Recipe!
This Fiesta Crockpot Chicken recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest crockpot chicken recipes I have ever made!
I love crockpot cooking because I can have delicious meals on the dinner table and my crockpot does all of the work. This recipe bakes in the crockpot for a total of four hours on high. The delicious sauce goes on during the last 30 minutes of cooking for a real Mexican taste sensation!
What Are Some of The Advantages of Crockpot Cooking?
- The biggest advantage to crockpot cooking is the convenience! You can put recipe ingredients in the slow cooker before going to work in the morning and come home to a great home cooked meal. Nothing beats coming home after a LONG day and being greeted by the wonderful aroma of a home cooked meal….ready for the table! And, most crockpot recipes only take a few minutes to throw together in the morning so you are not stressed out with your busy morning schedule.
- Less expensive cuts of meat such as a chuck roast are tenderized through the long cooking process of a slow cooker so you save money and have great meals! My Mom’s Sunday Pot Roast Recipe is a great example of this. The crockpot is also an excellent choice for cooking many venison dishes. Kacy likes to substitute venison in my “Italian Beef” recipe and it turns out great every time!
- A crockpot won’t heat up the kitchen the way an oven will, which is a real plus on a hot summer day. Our hot Illinois summers make us avoid turning on the oven because it gets too hot in the kitchen Cooking with a crockpot avoids this dilemma and makes it possible to enjoy many of your favorite “normally oven baked” meals.
- A slow cooker frees up your oven and stove top for other types of cooking or baking that you might like to do. This can be especially important during the holidays, when you are cooking for a crowd and every bit of cooking space helps! I use my crockpot to make “CrockPot Stuffing” for Thanksgiving.
- There is lot less clean-up with a slow cooker. If you use Slow Cooker Liners, you have even less clean up!
Here is the recipe for Fiesta Crockpot Chicken!
Fiesta Crockpot Chicken Recipe
This dish is a Mexican taste sensation!
- 4 or 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz salsa
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Garnish with slices of green onions, additional salsa and sour cream
- Spray crockpot with Pam. Place chicken breasts into crockpot, cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours. Drain juices off.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, salsa, drained corn and drained black beans. Pour over the chicken breasts and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Cook 10 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with green onion slices, salsa and sour cream.
Here are the step by step photos:
Cook the chicken breasts in the crockpot on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours. Drain the juices off. Stir together the softened cream cheese, salsa, drained corn and drained black beans and pour over the chicken.
Bake in the crockpot an additional 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake another 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve over rice. I like to serve this over brown rice but any type of rice will do.
Garnish with sliced green onions, additional salsa and dollops of sour cream. Ole!
Be Sure To Try My Crockpot Orange Chicken Too!
Both Are Great Recipes for Easy Entertaining!
Both of these recipes use a cooking method that I really like when using the crockpot. The meat is cooked in the crockpot, then the juices are drained off and the savory sauce is added at the end of the cooking time. This method produces meat that is fork tender and juicy and a sauce that is not mushy or bland. Both of these recipes use common ingredients that you will probably have on hand and the finished product is extremely flavorful!
For more great easy entertaining tips that I’ve learned over the years, click HERE.
Also, the crockpot is very portable! You can take it from your kitchen to the office or party. Just plug it in and serve! What could be easier! And, most crockpots have a “WARM” setting so you can easliy keep the food warm at a party without continuing the cook it.
- Remember …do not take the lid off of the crockpot during cooking unless the recipe instructs you to do so. Every time you take the lid off of a slow cooker, it looses precious heat.
- The extended cooking times of a crockpot allows for better distribution of flavors in many recipes.
- The slow cooker is NOT suited to every cooking task. However, as you can see, the crockpot has many significant advantages.
- If you are not sure what to make in your crockpot, check out the thousands of recipes online and on Pinterest. There are literally thousands of crockpot recipes online to choose from! The possibilities are virtually endless!
Remember, “Let’s Make Life Special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!”
Having this tonight for dinner! Can’t wait to taste it!
You won’t be disappointed! We loved it! 🙂