My Mom made this pot roast recipe every Sunday when I was growing up. Slow cooker recipes are great for the busy cook! I’ve added the secret trick to lump free gravy and with the crock pot convenience this is hard to beat!
Video: Mom’s Sunday Pot Roast Dinner
This crock pot pot roast dinner is full of down-home goodness! And, I’ve included a “success secret” for lump free gravy — every time!
Watch the video recipe here:
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 6 to 7 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 2 onions, peeled and cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place the baby carrots and potatoes into the crock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the Cream of Mushroom soup and French Onion soup on top of the roast.
- Place the onions on top.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Remove the roast and vegetables. Turn the crock pot on HIGH and sprinkle in Wondra instant flour. Whisk until thickened - about 1 minute.
3 cups baby carrots
6 to 7 peeled potatoes, cut in half
3 pound chuck roast
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can French Onion soup
2 onions, peeled and cut in half
Salt and pepper
Spray the crock pot with non stick cooking spray. Place the carrots and potatoes in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
Lay the roast on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pour one can of Cream of Mushroom soup and one can of French Onion soup on top of the roast. Place the onions on top.
Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
When ready to serve, remove the roast and vegetables to a platter. Turn the crock pot on HIGH and whisk Wondra instant flour into the liquid to make the gravy. Whisk until thickened – about 1 minute.
To download the printable pot roast recipe WITH how-to photos, click here: Mom’s Sunday Pot Roast Dinner
This pot roast recipe is a great example of easy crock pot cooking! Remember, lets Make Life Special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!