Mandarin Orange Chicken Wild Rice is as easy as it is delicious!
Only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time and this great main dish will be dinner tonight.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 boxes ( 6 oz each) Long Grain and Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 ounces Mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Spray dutch oven or baking pan with a lid with non stick cooking spray.
- Place rice from both packages in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle rice with 1 of the seasoning packets from the rice mix.
- Place chicken tenders over the rice.
- Sprinkle the drained mushrooms over the chicken. Pour the mandarin oranges with juice over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle top with the other seasoning packet.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Place rice in bottom of sprayed baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 of the seasoning packets.
Place chicken over rice.
Add drained mushrooms, the mandarin oranges with juice and additional seasoning packet.
Pour 2 1/2 cups water over all. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Enjoy! I paired this dish with Manfried Riesling. It was really wonderful! This dry Riesling was the perfect pairing for this dish.
Be sure to try these Make Life Special recipes:
Remember, let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends!