Looking for some fun baby shower ideas?
What could be cuter than this baby in a fruit bassinet! This is a creative way to serve a fruit salad and it makes a great centerpiece too! This will also go with any baby shower theme you choose.
Here are some tips for carving this spectacular centerpiece for a baby shower:
- Start with a watermelon that is at room temperature. It will be much easier for you to carve a melon that is not “sweating”.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the watermelon to provide a stable base.
- Draw the outline for the bassinet on the water melon, using the picture above as a guide.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the design on the watermelon. Cut all the way through the rind.
- Remove the sections of the rind and hollow out the bassinet.
- Use a melon-baller tool to cut watermelon balls for the fruit salad.
- Peel a cantaloupe to make the baby’s head.
- Fill the baby bassinet with fruit salad and enjoy!