Looking for crock pot soup recipes?
Soup’s on…and the crock pot does all of the work! Southwestern Chicken Soup can be varied by using either Great Northern Beans ( as I have done here) OR Black Beans. There are several optional garnishes you can top this soup with: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, chopped avocado, sour cream and/or a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Delicious!
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans OR Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin, raw
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of your choice of sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, chopped carrots, chopped celery to equal 1 cup
- 1 cup frozen corn ( defrost and press with paper towel)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1½ teaspoons Cumin
- ½ cup sour cream to stir into the soup at the end
- Optional garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, chopped avocado, sour cream, fresh lime juice
- Spray a 4 quart or larger crock pot with cooking spray. Combine the beans, chicken tenderloins, chicken broth, 1 cup of chopped vegetables, corn. salsa and cumin in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- At the end of cooking time, use an immersible blender to blend a bit of the beans to thicken the broth.
- Stir in ½ cup of sour cream before serving.
- Set out the garnishes and let each person top their soup as desired.
Spray the crock pot with cooking spray and add the soup ingredients.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
Shred the chicken…
Use an immersible blender to blend a bit of the beans to thicken the broth.
Stir in the 1/2 cup sour cream and serve with a selection of garnishes ( extra sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, chopped avocado and fresh lime juice)
Need a new Crock Pot? Here is a great special for Make Life Special readers! Only $ 34.95
Remember…. Let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends! Enjoy!!