Looking for breakfast casserole recipe?
This Hearty Breakfast Casserole in a Skillet is great for breakfast or brunch. (Anything with a half of a pound of bacon in it has to be good….right??) You could also substitute cooked diced ham or cooked sausage in this recipe as well. Breakfast skillets can be cooked in one skillet or in individual skillets for some added flair! I use my Lodge Cast Iron Individual Skillets when I want to make individual servings of this recipe, I used refrigerated Simply Potatoes instead of frozen hash browns and I loved the convenience it added. (No thawing)
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced ( use kitchen scissors )
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 16 oz shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed ( or use Simply Potatoes)
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley or snipped green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion until the bacon is crisp. Do not drain.
- Add hash brown potatoes to the skillet, mix well. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning when browned.
- Make 5 "wells" evenly placed in the hash browns. Place 1 egg in each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or snipped green onions.
Here are the Ingredients…
Cook the bacon and onion.
Add the hash brown potatoes.
Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Make 5 “wells” in the hash browns and crack one egg into each well.
Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes until the eggs are set.