My Black Bean Soup is super fast to make and really healthy!
This easy to make Black Bean Soup is zesty with the cumin and salsa. You can kick it up a notch by using spicier salsa to suit your taste. This is a healthy, low fat vegetarian soup that’s on the table in less than 20 minutes. Don’t forget to add a big dollop of sour cream, some shredded Monterey Jack Cheese and a few pickled Jalapeno Pepper slices to each bowl when you serve this. If you want to add some cooked ham chunks, or crumbled cooked bacon to the soup pot — that would be good too. Note: For a thicker soup, reduce water down to 1 1/2 cups. Enjoy!
- 2 14.5 oz cans Chicken Broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes ( optional)
- 3 cups water ( reduce down to 1 1/2 cups for a thicker soup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 15 oz cans black beans, undrained
- 16oz jar salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ( this gives it some kick!)
- Combine the broth, bouillon cubes, water and chopped onion in a soup pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to medium low.
- In a blender, puree 2 cans of the undrained black beans until smooth. Add to the soup pot along with the remaining 2 cans of undrained black beans.
- Stir in the salsa and cumin.
- Simmer 10 minutes, giving it a stir occasionally.
- Garnish each bowl with a big dollop of sour cream, some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and a few slices of pickled Jalapeno pepper.
- Get ready for your tastebuds to dance with delight!
2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
3 cups water ( For a thicker soup, reduce water down to 1 1/2 cups)
1 medium onion, chopped
4 15 ounce cans black beans, undrained
16 ounce jar salsa
1/2 teaspoon cumin
In soup pot, combine the broth, bouillon cubes, water and chopped onion over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender. Then reduce heat to medium low.
In blender, puree 2 cans of the undrained black beans until smooth.
Add to the soup pot along with the remaining undrained beans, salsa and the cumin.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Garnish each bowl with a big dollop of sour cream, some shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced pickled jalapeno peppers. Enjoy!
You can also use a hand blender to puree this soup. Here is a great deal for Make Life Special readers! These hand blenders from Cuisinart come in luscious colors like Papaya,Watermelon,Sorbet,Passion Flower and Key Lime….and are almost 50% off.