I love chocolate…but chocolate and gooey coconut together in a pie is just about as good as it gets! This is my go – to recipe for dessert . When you warm each piece in the microwave a few seconds and top with homemade whipped cream – it is absolutely delicious! This is something like a Mounds candy bar — but warm and full of gooey goodness!
- 2 2/3 cup coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick margarine ( I use unsalted butter )
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix the coconut and sweetened condensed milk together; set aside.
- Microwave the butter and chocolate together for 3 minutes in a microwave bowl. Remove from microwave and add the sugar and flour to the hot mixture. Stir well.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time and stir until the chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Continue stirring to blend well. Pour into a greased pie pan.
- Put spoonfuls of the coconut mixture around the top of the pie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store pie in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, microwave each piece 15 seconds and top with homemade whipped cream.
Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix together the coconut and the sweetened condensed milk; set aside. This will make the gooey coconut part of the pie 🙂
In a separate microwave safe dish, microwave the butter and unsweetened chocolate squares together for 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and add the sugar and flour to the hot mixture. Stir well. Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until the chocolate mixture is smooth.
Add vanilla and stir.
Stir well to blend. Pour mixture into a greased pie pan.
Put coconut mix around top.
Bake the pie at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Whip 16 oz of heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form and then add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Continue whipping until you have stiff peaks. For the step-by-step how to on making Homemade Whipped Cream, look at my post for Homemade Whipped Cream It will be filed under my “Everything Else” section.
Store the pie in the refrigerator and heat each piece about 15 to 20 seconds in the microwave and top with the Homemade Whipped Cream.
“Let’s make life special by sharing great food with our family and friends!”
To download the printable recipe with how-to photos, click here: Gooey Coconut Chocolate Brownie Pie