Potato Smashers for Easy Potato Recipes
Looking for some easy potato recipes?
Potato Smashers are like Potato Skins, covered with crisp bacon and sharp cheddar cheese…but on a grander scale! You can make these in about 15 minutes and your family and friends will rave!
Print the recipe here:
- 8 small new red potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes and water in 2 quart microwavable bowl. Microwave, uncovered, om HIGH for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand a couple of minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet 8 minutes or so..until crisp, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels, leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Drain the potatoes, press each potato with the bottom of a small bowl or saucer to flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat Italian dressing in the skillet with the bacon grease. Add potatoes; cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Turn the potatoes over; sprinkle with the cheese and bacon.
- Cover skillet with lid and cook an additional 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Place potatoes and water in 2 quart microwavable dish. Microwave, uncovered on HIGH for 10 minutes…
Cook the bacon…and save the grease! You are going to brown the cooked potatoes in that grease in a few minutes!
Drain the potatoes and “smash” each one with the bottom of a small bowl or saucer..
Heat the dressing in a large skillet with the bacon grease..add the potatoes.
Use kitchen scissors to crumble the crisp bacon.
Cook the potatoes 4 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Turn the potatoes over.
Top with bacon and cheese.
This is one of my favorite potato recipes!
Video: Potato Smashers
Potato Smashers are loaded with bacon and cheddar cheese.
Yuuuuuuummmmy Omg,all my faves in one dish,looks so delish! 🙂 I’m gonna make these as soon as I can get me some red potatoes 🙂
Glad to hear from you! These are delish!
This recipe was recently featured on MySpringfieldMommy.com