Looking for breakfast casserole recipe? This Hearty Breakfast Skillet is great for breakfast or brunch. (Anything with a half of a pound of bacon in it has to be good….right??) Breakfast skillets can be cooked in one skillet or in individual skillets for some added flair! I used refrigerated Simply Potatoes instead of frozen hash browns and I loved the convenience it added. (No thawing)
- ½ pound bacon, diced ( use kitchen scissors )
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 16 oz shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed ( or use Simply Potatoes)
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley or snipped green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion until the bacon is crisp. Do not drain.
- Add hash brown potatoes to the skillet, mix well. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning when browned.
- Make 5 "wells" evenly placed in the hash browns. Place 1 egg in each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or snipped green onions.
Cook the bacon and onion.
Add the hash brown potatoes.
Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Make 5 “wells” in the hash browns and crack one egg into each well.
Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes until the eggs are set.